1. The football game comes to you ________ from New York.
2. None of us expected the chairman to ________at the party. We thought he was still in hospital.
B) turn over
3. The mother didn't know who ________ for the broken glass.
4. He ________ to his customers and halved the price.
5. Tryon was extremely angry, but cool-headed enough to ____ storming into the boss's office.
6. All flights ________ because of the terrible weather, they had to go there by train.
A)having been canceled
B)had been canceled
7. The author of the report is well ________ with the problems in the hospital because he has been working there for many years.
8. The boy spent as much time watching TV as he ________ studying.
9. The ship's generator broke down, and the pumps had to be operated ________ instead of mechanically.